Vidya Balan, who has always expressed her wish to star in a biopic, has finally found the role of her dreams and it is of yet another yesteryear actress. The actress will be seen playing Suchitra Sen, who is known to be one of the most talented and beautiful actresses of Indian cinema.
Raima and Riya Sen, granddaughters of Suchitra Sen, had previously mentioned about making a film on their grandmother and Vidya Balan, who is known for her love for Bengali culture and Kolkata, has now got an opportunity to explore it further by portraying the life of the popular Bengali actress on screen. Also, prior to this, the actress who is busy wrapping up the Emraan Hashmi starrer ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani‘, was reading about four scripts which included this biopic and one on Benazir Bhutto.
- Vidya Balan turns down film based on Meena Kumari
- Bigg Boss 11: Vidya Balan to promote Tumhari Sulu on Salman Khan's show
- Tumhari Sulu actor Vidya Balan: I am still middle class by heart
- Vidya Balan: National anthem should not be played in theaters, you cannot force patriotism
- Watch Tumhari Sulu trailer: Vidya Balan goes from saree-clad bhabhi to a late night RJ
- I wake up to a better looking SRK: Vidya Balan
Moreover, from what we hear, Vidya Balan will also be training in Kathak, considering that Suchitra Sen was one of the most popular dancers of her time, and apparently, Pt. Jayu Raman has been hired to train her for the same.