Actress Vidya Balan, who was longing for a selfie with veteran actresses Sharmila Tagore, Jaya Bachchan and Moushumi Chatterjee, finally got her wish fulfilled on Saturday, thanks to none other than megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
Balan and the senior actresses graced the inaugural of the 21st Kolkata International Film Festival here.
During her speech at the opening ceremony, the “Kahaani” actress referred to the veterans as “Bengal tigresses” and voiced her desire to click a selfie with them.
- Vidya Balan shoots in Kolkata for Sujoy Ghosh’s ‘Te3n’
- Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Vidya Balan inaugurate Kolkata Film Festival
- Amitabh Bachchan inaugurates Kolkata film fest, stresses India’s plurality, tolerance
- Nation needs to fall back on heritage to resolve issues: Amitabh Bachchan at Kolkata Film Festival
- Amitabh Bachchan in Kolkata to inaugurate KIFF
- Amitabh Bachchan to inaugurate Kolkata Film Festival
Later, she posted two selfies with Big B in the frame, flanked by the leading ladies of yesteryears. Balan thanked the cinema icon for the selfie.
“@SrBachchan The only actor to edit himself out of a frame. Thank You Mr.B for the selfie with the Bengal tigresses!,” Balan tweeted.
— vidya balan (@vidya_balan) November 14, 2015