The famous detective TV show ‘Karamchand’ has inspired Vidya Balan’s character in the detective-comedy ‘Bobby Jasoos’, says the National Award winning actress.
“I think that in India, if we became familiar with the word detective, then it was because of (the character) Karamchand. My character Bobby is also inspired by him. But it would not be right to say it is a dedication (to Karamchand),” the 34-year-old said here Thursday on the set of reality show “Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega”.
Dia Mirza, co-producer of “Bobby Jasoos”, said that although the forthcoming movie has an independent thought behind it, “Karamchand” is a bit of an inspiration.
“Bobby is a completely independent thought. But yes, ‘Karamchand’ is one of the first detective shows we have all grown up watching and even Bobby must have…then yes, it can be called an inspiration,” Dia said here.
The film, directed by Samar Shaikh, hits theatres July 4.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More