Actress Vidya Balan, who gave a stellar performance in Sujoy Ghosh’s “Kahaani”, says it was tough for her to say no to the director for his new film “Durga Rani Singh”.
“I am a little sad I couldn’t work in this project because we made ‘Kahaani’ together and we were like parents of ‘Kahaani’. It was a very difficult decision for me to say no (to ‘Durga Rani Singh’, but I was not keeping well so I couldn’t do it. I had no option,” said the National Award winning talent.
After Vidya turned down the offer, Kangana Ranaut was approached for the lead role in Ghosh’s film. But even she refused it. Now the director is reportedly on the lookout for an apt leading lady for his film.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Vidya says that after the success of “The Dirty Picture”, a story inspired by the life of Silk Smitha, she was offered biopics almost every week.
“I have been offered many biopics. Every week someone asked me about new biopics. Three offers have come my way, but I have not accepted anything,” said the 36-year-old.
Meanwhile, Vidya, who is currently promoting her film “Bobby Jasoos”, is all praise for the movie’s producer Dia Mirza.
“She is great with taking care of the unit. We completed the film in 50 days and no one ever cribbed about their work. Dia managed the work beautifully and respects the unit,” Vidya said.
The film is directed by Samar Sheikh.