Actress Vidya Balan, who gave a stellar performance in Sujoy Ghosh’s “Kahaani”, says it was tough for her to say no to the director for his new film “Durga Rani Singh”.
“I am a little sad I couldn’t work in this project because we made ‘Kahaani’ together and we were like parents of ‘Kahaani’. It was a very difficult decision for me to say no (to ‘Durga Rani Singh’, but I was not keeping well so I couldn’t do it. I had no option,” said the National Award winning talent.
After Vidya turned down the offer, Kangana Ranaut was approached for the lead role in Ghosh’s film. But even she refused it. Now the director is reportedly on the lookout for an apt leading lady for his film.
Vidya says that after the success of “The Dirty Picture”, a story inspired by the life of Silk Smitha, she was offered biopics almost every week.
“I have been offered many biopics. Every week someone asked me about new biopics. Three offers have come my way, but I have not accepted anything,” said the 36-year-old.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Meanwhile, Vidya, who is currently promoting her film “Bobby Jasoos”, is all praise for the movie’s producer Dia Mirza.
“She is great with taking care of the unit. We completed the film in 50 days and no one ever cribbed about their work. Dia managed the work beautifully and respects the unit,” Vidya said.
The film is directed by Samar Sheikh.