If one has to close the eyes and think of a woman who epitomizes strength and sensibility, then, it has to be the stunning natural beauty Vidya Balan. If one has to refer to repertoire of the roles that she has played so far on the silver screen, there have been many roles that she has played that depicted the strength of a woman.
- Begum Jaan audience reaction: Vidya Balan film receives mixed reviews, but Chunkey Pandey surprises
- Respect for girls shouldn't depend on their clothes: Vidya Balan
- Vidya Balan: I feel proud to have been part of some path-breaking films
- Actresses now object to being objectified: Vidya Balan
- Vidya Balan: I was considered jinxed in film industry
- Vidya Balan Hindi Cinemas New Bold
No wonder then, she has been invited to the prestigious ‘Women Economic Forum 2015’ that is to be held in Goa, wherein she will be speaking about the portrayal of women in Indian cinema. The said event will be attended by many heavyweights including authors, politicians and entrepreneurs. Speaking about the same, Vidya said that she is happy to be attending this event and that she believes that, the international form of the event will be a great place to showcase the potential of women’s leadership globally.