“I have seen male actors cribbing about putting moustache and beard. But I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was exciting and fun to get into disguise of a man, Vidya Balan, 36, told reporters at the trailer launch of the film on Tuesday (May 27). (Read: OMG! Is this really Vidya Balan?)
“The moment I got into the avatar, my body language and voice, changed automatically. I loved the get up of an astrologer… Half bald with dirty teeth. People on the sets could not recognise me whenever I came in different avatars,” she added.
Vidya would be seen in various avatars in the film.
In real life too, the National Award winning actress has done ‘detective’ act but only for fun. “I did ‘Jasoosi’ in real life for fun and have never been caught. There is no need for me to do ‘Jasoosi’ on Siddharth (Siddharth Roy Kapur, her husband) He is a boring guy,” she said. The trailer of ‘Bobby Jasoos’ was launched in the presence of her parents and real-life detectives, mostly women.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“It is not just a detective-thriller. It is a ‘dramedy’ (drama and comedy). It is a story of a small town girl. This film is no parallel with ‘Kahaani’,” said ‘The Dirty Picture’ star.
The actress took very little time to give her nod for the film as she found the idea of a female detective in Bollywood as ‘new and interesting’.
Produced by actress Dia Mirza and her fiance Sahil Sanga under Born Free Entertainment, the film is directorial debut of Samar Shaikh. The film, which also stars Ali Fazal, Supriya Pathak and Tanvi Azmi, is slated to release on July 4.