“I have seen male actors cribbing about putting moustache and beard. But I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was exciting and fun to get into disguise of a man, Vidya Balan, 36, told reporters at the trailer launch of the film on Tuesday (May 27). (Read: OMG! Is this really Vidya Balan?)
“The moment I got into the avatar, my body language and voice, changed automatically. I loved the get up of an astrologer… Half bald with dirty teeth. People on the sets could not recognise me whenever I came in different avatars,” she added.
Vidya would be seen in various avatars in the film.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In real life too, the National Award winning actress has done ‘detective’ act but only for fun. “I did ‘Jasoosi’ in real life for fun and have never been caught. There is no need for me to do ‘Jasoosi’ on Siddharth (Siddharth Roy Kapur, her husband) He is a boring guy,” she said. The trailer of ‘Bobby Jasoos’ was launched in the presence of her parents and real-life detectives, mostly women.
“It is not just a detective-thriller. It is a ‘dramedy’ (drama and comedy). It is a story of a small town girl. This film is no parallel with ‘Kahaani’,” said ‘The Dirty Picture’ star.
The actress took very little time to give her nod for the film as she found the idea of a female detective in Bollywood as ‘new and interesting’.
Produced by actress Dia Mirza and her fiance Sahil Sanga under Born Free Entertainment, the film is directorial debut of Samar Shaikh. The film, which also stars Ali Fazal, Supriya Pathak and Tanvi Azmi, is slated to release on July 4.