Actress Vidya Balan says she was disheartened with the failure of her last film ‘Ghanchakkar’, but dose not regret being a part of it.
The Rajkumar Gupta directed comedy had Emraan Hashmi playing an ex-conman and Vidya played his Punjabi housewife. There were lot of expectations from the film but it did not do well.
“I did have expectations from this film as well like any other film. When we work on a film, we hope people will like the film. I felt sad when people did not like the film. I think you look at the larger perspective that we tried doing something new, but people did not like it and it is fine,” Vidya said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The actress feels she can’t objectively look and say which portion of the film people did not like. “May be after a year or so when I see the film I will be able to say why people did not like the film,” she said.
Some people were of the view that Vidya should not have done the film but she does not feel so. “I don’t regret doing the film at all. It was a different experience for me. As an actor it was something different that I tried doing. I had never played a character who is obnoxiously loud…it presented me a new opportunity,” she said.
“It was a comedy but of a different kind. I am too selfish to listen to what others think or expect from me. I only focus on what I want to do… It may sound bad,” she
The film was released in June last year.