Actress Vidya Balan says she was disheartened with the failure of her last film ‘Ghanchakkar’, but dose not regret being a part of it.
The Rajkumar Gupta directed comedy had Emraan Hashmi playing an ex-conman and Vidya played his Punjabi housewife. There were lot of expectations from the film but it did not do well.
“I did have expectations from this film as well like any other film. When we work on a film, we hope people will like the film. I felt sad when people did not like the film. I think you look at the larger perspective that we tried doing something new, but people did not like it and it is fine,” Vidya said.
The actress feels she can’t objectively look and say which portion of the film people did not like. “May be after a year or so when I see the film I will be able to say why people did not like the film,” she said.
Some people were of the view that Vidya should not have done the film but she does not feel so. “I don’t regret doing the film at all. It was a different experience for me. As an actor it was something different that I tried doing. I had never played a character who is obnoxiously loud…it presented me a new opportunity,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It was a comedy but of a different kind. I am too selfish to listen to what others think or expect from me. I only focus on what I want to do… It may sound bad,” she
The film was released in June last year.