Director Zoya Akhtar feels that Shoojit Sircar’s ‘Vicky Donor’ was an overrated film.
On the chat show ‘Koffee with Karan’, when Karan Johar asked which was the most overrated film in the last two years, Zoya said it was ‘Vicky Donor’.
“I don’t want to be mean but I thought ‘Vicky Donor’ was a bit overrated. I heard so much about it, and then I was a bit disappointed (after watching),” she said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Starring Ayushmann Khurrana, Yami Gautam and Annu Kapoor, ‘Vicky Donor’ was one of the surprise hits of 2012.
The film, revolving around sperm donation and infertility, also won national awards in categories of Best Popular Film providing wholesome entertainment, best supporting actor and best supporting actress.
On the worst remake rip-off, Zoya says, “I think people should leave Romeo Juliet alone. We are done with Romeo and Juliet, too many have been. But there are too many bad remakes.”
On the other hand, she thinks that Saif Ali Khan is the most underrated actor in the film industry. She also thinks Saif is the sexiest actor in Bollywood today.