Vishal Bhardwaj’s upcoming directorial “Rangoon” will now be co-produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures along with Sajid Nadiadwala and himself.
The period romance-drama film, set in the 1940s, will star actors Saif Ali Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut.
With the music by Bhardwaj, the lyrics of the film’s songs have been penned by Gulzar.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Our endeavour at Viacom18 Motion Pictures has been to redefine a mainstream Hindi film. In that quest, we have always produced films that marry great content with a wide commercially appeal.
“Our unique collaboration with Vishal and Sajid who are filmmakers of great pedigree in their own space reflects that approach,” Viacom18 Motion Pictures chief operating officer Ajit Andhare said in a statement.
Bhardwaj says that amalgamating a story with experts from the industry is like a dream come true for him.
“I am delighted that a project so close to my heart has not only started shaping up well, but will be portrayed as an epic story of love and drama in a never seen before avatar,” he said.
“Rangoon” is set to release in October.