Pakistani actress Veena Malik has announced she is quitting commercial films and will only take part in projects with religious and social messages as an Islamic cleric has changed her life completely.
“I have quit the show-biz industry. From now onwards, I will not perform in Pakistani and Indian movies and plays,” said the 29-year-old actress who created a storm by posing topless for an Indian magazine.
“I am also going to refuse Indian film producers with whom I had agreed to work in their movies,” she said in an interview to a Pakistani journalist in Saudi Arabia, where she had gone to perform ‘Umrah’ with her Dubai-based husband Asad Bashir Khan Khattak and his family.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Malik said she would continue to “engage in any project which aims for welfare or social development” but would not be part of any new films.
She said religious scholar Maulana Tariq Jameel had changed her life completely. “Maulana sahib made me promise not to take off my dupatta (head scarf). And I will fulfil this promise for the rest of my life,” she said.
Malik said well-wishers from across the globe, including Indians and Pakistanis, have been congratulating her and Khattak on her decision.
“Like other humans I have also committed mistakes. I have sought forgiveness of my mistakes from God. Now I want to work for the welfare of the people of Pakistan,” she said.
Malik asked people to pray that she would be able to stick to the change in her life. “I have quit showbiz and I want people to pray for me so that I can stick to this change.”
However, a source in the media industry told PTI that Malik has plans to host a morning show with her husband on a Pakistani news channel.
“Veena is in talks with the management of two news channels for the morning talk show,” the source said. Malik married Pakistani businessman-cum-singer Khattak in Dubai last year.