‘Badlapur’, a ‘twisted entertainer’ starring Varun Dhawan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Huma Qureshi, is slated to hit the screens February 20, 2015.
Eros International is co-producing the movie with Dinesh Vijan’s Maddock Films after associating with the banner on films like “Love Aaj Kal”, “Agent Vinod”, “Cocktail” and “Go Goa Gone”.
Also starring Yami Gautam and Vinay Pathak, the film is directed by Sriram Raghavan, known for helming thrillers such as “Ek Hasina Thi” and “Johnny Gaddaar”.
The plot of the film is intense and intriguing and promises to be high on entertainment in Raghavan’s inimitable style, Sunil Lulla, managing director, Eros International Media Ltd, said in a statement.
“We are confident that the film will connect with audiences with its gritty screenplay and brilliant performances,” Lulla added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Talking about the film, Vijan said: “‘Badlapur’ depicts the age-old conflict of good versus evil but Raghavan takes that concept further and twists it beyond recognition.”
“He is one of the purest filmmakers I know and also the craziest. ‘Badlapur’ is unadulterated Raghavan. He has found the perfect accomplice to depict this madness in Varun Dhawan in a never before seen role.”
After winning over hearts with his loverboy and comedy routines, Varun will foray into action with “Badlapur”, the sound track and background score of which is composed by the talented duo Sachin-Jigar.