The “Badlapur” star unveiled a new electric shaving wizard Philips AquaTouch – Wet and Dry Electric Shaver, said an official statement.
With Varun on board, Philips India’s personal care business will now have three Bollywood stars representing different product categories. Actor Arjun Kapoor will endorse the company’s trimming and body grooming business, while actress Alia Bhatt will endorse the beauty appliances range including haircare and depilation gadgets.
The “Main Tera Hero” actor has been roped in for the brand as he “exemplifies the modern man – suave, confident and well-groomed”.
“Who better than him to endorse the new shavers range that is designed for all the men to get the perfect shave without any nicks and cuts,” ADA Ratnam, president – personal health, Philips India, said.
- Varun Dhawan to explore varied genres with October, Sui Dhaaga and Rannbhoomi
- Sui Dhaaga: Varun Dhawan-Anushka Sharma’s first look promises an intriguing small-town tale
- Varun Dhawan unveils his wax statue in Madame Tussauds Hong Kong. See photos
- Varun Dhawan gives a tour of his brand new home. Watch video
- October: New photos of Varun Dhawan and newcomer Banita Sandhu are making us hopeful for the film
- Celeb spotting: Ranveer Singh and Varun Dhawan are bound to steal your attention for different reasons
Varun will play a pivotal role in the brand and product communication across media platforms.
Philips India will continue to focus on its trimming and bodygrooming business as well, with Kapoor as the brand ambassador, while further strengthening the shaving business with Varun’s endorsement.
Ratnam said “manual shaving is a thing of the past” and that Philips India has been “leading the shift to electric shaving over the years”.
“The modern man of today wants a no-mess, skin-friendly, modern solution for his shaving needs and that’s what we promise to deliver with the Aquatouch,” he added.