With ‘Main Tera Hero’ being David Dhawan’s 43rd film, the universal sentiment is that ‘Main Tera Hero’ is carrying the feel of his youngest enterprise ever. No wonder, the fact which is being highlighted in a major way by the makers (Balaji) is that Varun is David’s youngest hero ever. With the kind of response that the promo has generated, things seem to be falling in well in place for the Dhawan scion.
“As a son, I cannot be more proud,” says Varun, “Honestly, I am seeing all this euphoria around the promo more as a David Dhawan’s fan than as his son or least of all, as an actor of the film. When a film has the name David Dhawan attached to it, it doesn’t matter who is the hero, whether it is me or anyone else. I have been a fan of his brand of cinema while growing up. Now with the kind of mad response that ‘Main Tera Hero’ promo has fetched, I have realized the reach of his cinema.”
At last count, the father-son combination has garnered over a couple of million views and that too in record time of just a week.
“This is unprecedented,” says a Bollywood observer, “Typically, even films featuring superstars take some time to find such visibility in so quick time. The numbers here are the kind that films like ‘Dhoom 3’ and ‘Krrish 3’ had gathered on their arrival. On the other hand, ‘Main Tera Hero’ features Varun Dhawan who is just one film old. Yes, he is on the way of becoming a star but guess the biggest star here is David Dhawan. It is his name which has made people sit back and notice all over again what he is capable of.”
Varun isn’t new to adulation though, as was witnessed when the promo of Karan Johar’s ‘Student of the Year’ was unveiled. However, the reach of media has increased manifold ever since then and now that it is only growing exponentially, Varun is glad that his first film as a solo hero has caught up in such quick time.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He says, “Hopefully, the current generation – which hasn’t witnessed the kind of craze that dad’s films used to generate in the 90s – would see the range that David Dhawan carries. He doesn’t have to prove himself to anyone though, but still for someone who has been the longest standing director today, right from the 80s, it is our chance to see him at his vibrant best.”