With ‘Main Tera Hero’ being David Dhawan’s 43rd film, the universal sentiment is that ‘Main Tera Hero’ is carrying the feel of his youngest enterprise ever. No wonder, the fact which is being highlighted in a major way by the makers (Balaji) is that Varun is David’s youngest hero ever. With the kind of response that the promo has generated, things seem to be falling in well in place for the Dhawan scion.
“As a son, I cannot be more proud,” says Varun, “Honestly, I am seeing all this euphoria around the promo more as a David Dhawan’s fan than as his son or least of all, as an actor of the film. When a film has the name David Dhawan attached to it, it doesn’t matter who is the hero, whether it is me or anyone else. I have been a fan of his brand of cinema while growing up. Now with the kind of mad response that ‘Main Tera Hero’ promo has fetched, I have realized the reach of his cinema.”
At last count, the father-son combination has garnered over a couple of million views and that too in record time of just a week.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“This is unprecedented,” says a Bollywood observer, “Typically, even films featuring superstars take some time to find such visibility in so quick time. The numbers here are the kind that films like ‘Dhoom 3’ and ‘Krrish 3’ had gathered on their arrival. On the other hand, ‘Main Tera Hero’ features Varun Dhawan who is just one film old. Yes, he is on the way of becoming a star but guess the biggest star here is David Dhawan. It is his name which has made people sit back and notice all over again what he is capable of.”
Varun isn’t new to adulation though, as was witnessed when the promo of Karan Johar’s ‘Student of the Year’ was unveiled. However, the reach of media has increased manifold ever since then and now that it is only growing exponentially, Varun is glad that his first film as a solo hero has caught up in such quick time.
He says, “Hopefully, the current generation – which hasn’t witnessed the kind of craze that dad’s films used to generate in the 90s – would see the range that David Dhawan carries. He doesn’t have to prove himself to anyone though, but still for someone who has been the longest standing director today, right from the 80s, it is our chance to see him at his vibrant best.”