After getting a good response for his last outing ‘ABCD-Any Body Can Dance’, choreographer-director Remo D’Souza is back with the sequel of the dance drama,
starring Varun Dhawan.
The new film is based on a true story and D’Souza feels the ‘Main Tera Hero’ star is the perfect choice for the role.
“The previous film was the story of Vishnu sir (played by Prabhudheva). But the sequel is the journey of a boy to take his dance troupe from India to America. So, this character is pivotal in the film. I wanted somebody who is a brilliant actor and dancer and Varun is apt for this part,” D’Souza told PTI.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
‘ABCD 2’ is expected to go on floors in July and will hit theatres mid next year.
Apart from Varun and Shraddha Kapoor, the dance drama has all the budding actors of the dance reality shows including Lauren Gottilieb, Punit Pathak and Dharmesh among others.
“I will never leave these kids behind. I will always work with them whenever I will make any dance based film. All of them are there in the sequel too,” he said.
Post the success of ‘ABCD’, the 42-year-old ‘Batameez Dil’ choreographer feels that now Indian audience is ready to watch a dance-based film with a strong storyline.
“My last film proved that our audience want to watch dance-based film. When I was making the film many people from the industry warned me saying that the film will not do well as nobody would go to watch these reality TV kids on big screen. But I did not scrap the film,” Remo said.
Remo said he returns as a judge on the show every time because the show helps him become a better person in life.
“I learn a lot on this show. I learn dance from these kids. I learnt how to bring perfection in your work from Madhuriji. I have learnt to become a confident filmmaker from Karan. Everyday, I Iearn something new on the show,” he said.
Without divulging much details about his upcoming project with Johar, Remo said the formal announcement of the film will be made soon. He said the film is an action story based on cars and racing.