Bollywood’s newest comic hero on the block Varun Dhawan, who is ready for the release of his another light-hearted film ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’, doesn’t want to disappoint his young fans by doing an adult comedy.
The 27-year-old actor, who gave his last hit with ‘Main Tera Hero’ directed by his dad David Dhawan, said he would have apprehensions doing an adult-comedy.
“I would have apprehensions doing an adult-comedy. For the fact that ‘Student of the Year’ and ‘Main Tera Hero’ have brought a lot of children who like me or look up to me. Probably thats my fan base. So, just not to disappoint them, I would think about it,” said Varun.
“Before I became an actor I wouldn’t have had the apprehensions, but after doing SOTY, MTH and becoming an actor, I have met so many children that I would not want to put a frown on their face now.”
Talking about his character in ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’, Varun said: “Humpty is not a hero. He is a character to whom all will identify. In fact, if he goes out to do any heroism, he becomes zero.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Varun portrays the role of a Delhi boy in the film. The actor’s last two films have been hits at the box office, but Varun is still nervous ahead of the film’s release.
“I was very nervous, but right now I am at ease with one review of the film out and it is good. But I am the most nervous one, Alia is calmer,” Varun said.
‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ will hit theatres this Friday.