“I think Hrithik is the best fit for the James Bond role. Apart from Hrithik, Akshay Kumar is absolutely suitable as Bond,” Varun said on the sidelines of a screening of “Spectre”, the latest instalment of the James Bond franchise.
- Varun Dhawan: Most of my films are made for kids
- Varun Dhawan tries to master the art of Sui Dhaaga. See photos
- Padmavati controversy: Hrithik Roshan, Varun Dhawan and Sonakshi Sinha condemn death threats to Deepika Padukone
- Varun Dhawan starrer October wraps up in just 38 days. See photo
- Rajpal Yadav: Judwaa 2 one of my best films, Varun Dhawan supported me a lot
- Judwaa 2 star Varun Dhawan on Rajkummar Rao: My father wants to work with him
The Daniel Craig starrer movie hit the screens in India on Friday.
Varun, who’s awaiting the release of his own film “Dilwale”, says he’s a lover of action movies.
Talking of his memories of watching James Bond films, he said: “I remember I watched the first Bond movie of Akshay Kumar, titled ‘Mr. Bond’ in 1992. Later, I watched Pierce Brosnan’s movies. I try to act like a spy, behave like a cool spy at home… I love to watch Bond movies.”
On being asked if he’s willing to do a James Bond kind of role in his career, the “Badlapur” actor said: “Definitely! If I am given that chance, why would I refuse it? But it would be better if it is an Indian script.”