Indra Kumar, director of Great Grand Masti on Thursday (June 16) said that the lead actress of his film Urvashi Rautela got so scared of him that she ran away and tried to avoid him for three months, before finally agreeing to do the film.
“This poor girl (Urvashi). When she came to meet me for the first time I thought there would be no one better than her in the role of a ghost, but a sweet ghost. She looks very good so there could be no one better than her, but then she got scared and ran away. But for the next three months, I kept tracking her.”
Tushar Hiranandani (writer) was after her and finally we caught her and convinced her that it was not a vulgar film, just a little bit vulgar, not that vulgar as you think and it was a lot more funnier. And then I narrated the script to her and then she agreed to do the film,” Kumar said, at the trailer launch of the film.
- Great Grand Masti opening box office collection Rs 2.50 cr: Online leak, Sultan dampen performance
- Great Grand Masti movie review: This offensively unfunny, grating thing’s not a film
- Every actor has own definition of bold: Urvashi Rautela
- My character over controlling in ‘Great Grand Masti’: Urvashi Rautela
- ‘Great Grand Masti’ a family film, not vulgar: Urvashi Rautela
- Hope Ajay Devgn likes my role in ‘Great Grand Masti’: Urvashi Rautela
The third instalment of the Masti franchise is a sex comedy with a horror backdrop. The leading trio of Vivek Oberoi, Riteish Deshmukh and Aftab Shivdasani visits a haunted palace and encounters Urvashi’s character of a ghost, leading to strange situations.
About not looking like the usual ghosts and looking like a polite ghost, Kumar said, “Actually. But when she gets into the character that time you should see.”
He also praised Urvashi, “I am very proud to say that after a long time, I have worked with an outstanding actress. Fantastic. The three of them (Vivek, Riteish, Aftab) are mind-blowing but I have found the fourth one also as mind-blowing.”
Great Grand Masti releases on 22 July.