Actress Urmila Matondkar, 42, married Kashmir-based businessman Mohsin Akhtar Mir on Thursday (March 3) afternoon in a quiet ceremony. The ceremony was a simple one devoid of any usual Bollywood strappings and had only Urmila’s close family members. The wedding was solemnised as per Hindu rituals at Urmila’s residence.
The only person from Bollywood in attendance was Urmila’s close friend and ace designer Manish Malhotra.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Sharing her happiness, the just married Urmila Mantonkar said: “We kept it an exclusive wedding with just family and friends at the celebration. Since our families wanted the wedding to be a low key affair we mutually decided to keep it private. We seek your blessings on embarking this new journey of our lives .” (In pics: Secret Celebrity Weddings: Urmila Matondkar-Mohsin Akhtar Mir, Preity Zinta-Gene Goodenough)
Manish Malhotra later shared Urmila’s picture on Twitter congratulating the actress and called her the most beautiful bride.
— Manish Malhotra (@ManishMalhotra) March 3, 2016
A few days ago Preity Zinta had tied the know with her fiance Gene Goodenough in LA (Read: Confirmed! Preity Zinta married to Gene Goodenough; Sushmita Sen congratulates the actress). Hers was also a quiet wedding without any known names from Bollywood. (Preity Zinta Ties The Knot With Fiance Gene Goodenough In Loa Angeles, See pics)
Urmila had last appeared on screen in a 2014 Marathi film named “Ajoba”. Urmila became famous post RGV’s Rangeela in 1995.