The 21-year-old star, who has earlier sung in ‘Highway’, has been appreciated for her voice in the unplugged version of ‘Samjhawan’ from her upcoming release.
“I always knew there would be comparisons. Karan (Johar) and I infact discussed it too. I told him that I don’t care because I am not comparing in my head.
“So let people compare because it is something to be talked about. Two contemporaries singing back-to-back unplugged versions of two hit romantic songs are bound to draw comparisons,” Alia told reporters here.
Alia is all praise for Shraddha and feels she has given a completely different soul to ‘Galliyan’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“I have heard the song and I loved it. It is a beautiful song. The original and her version both have a completely different soul to it. I think she has sung it brilliantly,” she said.
The ‘Highway’ star has plans to cut her own album in the near future.
“I do plan to take my singing forward. Hopefully, I will be out with my own album,” Alia said.
The film is said to be an ode to the 1995 Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol-starrer ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ (DDLJ).
Asked if there is any pressure on them considering DDLJ was a huge hit, Alia said she was not stressing out on that front.
“We are not trying to remake. The situations may be similar but our characters are completely different. It’s a modern day tribute because our director is a big DDLJ fan. We have an iconic DDLJ scene which is a bit twisted,” she said.