Alia Bhatt is not bothered about comparisons between her song in ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ and her contemporary Shraddha Kapoor’s hit number from ‘Ek Villain’.
The 21-year-old star, who has earlier sung in ‘Highway’, has been appreciated for her voice in the unplugged version of ‘Samjhawan’ from her upcoming release.
“I always knew there would be comparisons. Karan (Johar) and I infact discussed it too. I told him that I don’t care because I am not comparing in my head.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“So let people compare because it is something to be talked about. Two contemporaries singing back-to-back unplugged versions of two hit romantic songs are bound to draw comparisons,” Alia told reporters here.
Alia is all praise for Shraddha and feels she has given a completely different soul to ‘Galliyan’.
“I have heard the song and I loved it. It is a beautiful song. The original and her version both have a completely different soul to it. I think she has sung it brilliantly,” she said.
The ‘Highway’ star has plans to cut her own album in the near future.
“I do plan to take my singing forward. Hopefully, I will be out with my own album,” Alia said.
‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’, which has Alia reteaming with her ‘Student of The Year’ co-star Varun Dhawan, also marks television star Siddharth Shukla’s Bollywood debut.
The film is said to be an ode to the 1995 Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol-starrer ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ (DDLJ).
Asked if there is any pressure on them considering DDLJ was a huge hit, Alia said she was not stressing out on that front.
“We are not trying to remake. The situations may be similar but our characters are completely different. It’s a modern day tribute because our director is a big DDLJ fan. We have an iconic DDLJ scene which is a bit twisted,” she said.