The makers of Udta Punjab Wednesday lodged a police complaint after it came to light that a copy of the movie had been leaked online. The film is slated for a release this Friday. A senior officer said a representative of the filmmakers had approached the cyber police station, sharing links of three websites, including a Torrent link, from where the movie was being downloaded illegally.
- One arrested in Delhi for having Udta Punjab leaked copy on his website
- Udta Punjab leak: Torrent site owner arrested by Mumbai Police
- Watch film ‘Udta Punjab’ in theatres, urges Bollywood
- Pahlaj Nihlani on Udta Punjab leak online: Allegations ‘baseless’, CBFC abide by rules
- Udta Punjab leaked online, producers file complaint with cyber police
- Udta Punjab leaked online two days before release
According to the police, in most of such cases, it is the print handed over to the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) for certification that is leaked along the process.