Two Indian films will compete with 13 foreign movies in the International Competition section of the upcoming 47th International Film Festival of India (IFFI). Ishti, which focuses on stigmas of Indian society, and “Sahaj Paather Gappo” (Colours of Innocence), which reflects the struggles of a situationally challenged family, will compete in the section at the festival, scheduled to begin in Goa on November 20. The names of these two Indian films were announced by the Directorate of Film Festivals.
The international competition section has 15 films from across the globe, including these two films from the Indian Panorama section. “Ishti” is a Sanskrit film, set in the mid-20th century Kerala, where young Namboothiri Brahmins successfully challenge the orthodox, patriarchal traditions of their community. ‘Ishti’ is a Sanskrit word, which means the search for oneself.
Directed by Manas Mukul Pal, “Sahaj Paather Gappo” chronicles the struggles of a family going through tough times, the early maturity of kids and the sacrifice of their wills, by focusing on a story of two brothers.
The films will be judged by an esteemed jury and awards will be presented to the best film, best director, best actor-male, best actor-female and a special jury award. The other films competing under this section are “According to Her”, “Daughter”, “House of Others”, “I, Olga Hepnarova”, “Mellow Mud”, “Nelly”, “Personal Affairs’, ‘Rauf’, ‘Scarred Hearts’, “The Last Family”, “The Long Night of Francisco Sanctis”, “The Throne” and “The Student”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More