Siddharth Shukla, who is a household name thanks to ‘Balika Vadhu’, ironically claims that he has never tasted success, when he was asked to define what it means to him. While the other two actors of the film, Varun and Alia, agreed that success for them is ‘audience’s love’, Siddharth said, “I have never tasted success. I am still searching for it. I need to taste it to define it!”
Siddharth was spotted by director Karan Johar on the show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’. Karan Johar personally went up to him and offered a role in ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’. Both Karan and Shashank Khaitan, the director of the film were impressed with Siddharth.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Siddharth plays the role of Angad Bedi in the film.
Siddharth looked quite timid and suppressed by the two star kids Varun and Alia.
But during the promotional event, we felt that this non-star kid was sidelined among the two star kids – Varun and Alia. Questions were thrown just to Varun and Alia, preference and priority to them.
But Siddharth perhaps was aware of it and could be seen smiling patiently.
Siddharth confidently answered to a few questions he was asked. Like the obvious one – why did he shift from television to the big screen and how was it working with such a big banner.
“Oh I was more than happy when I got the offer. Firstly, I thought it was not true and somebody is playing a prank on me. But when I got to know I was at the top of the world,” said Siddharth Shukla.
Siddharth also explained how different television and films are for him. “It’s very different. Televison is time bound. Whereas a movie has time. You can’t write a script for television and keep it for one year.”
Nevertheless, Siddharth is all set for his baby step in Bollywood with a Dharma Productions film ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ along with Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt. The film releases on July 11.