A song about separation, longing, heartbreaks and soul, ‘Koi Fariyaad’ from Tum Bin still echoes in her hearts for its emotional quotient. Years have passed but the chartbuster from the 2001 film still remains an integral part of everyone’s playlist. A major credit for this goes to the legendary ghazal singer Jagjit Singh and his haunting voice. And before his fans could even think of erasing the song from their hearts, they were in for a surprise. It was no less than a déjà vu when the makers of Tum Bin returned with its second part and recreated the iconic song with the original Jagjit Singh’s voice!
Fifteen years back, Tum Bin struck our heart’s strings and gave a new definition to emotions. Director Anubhav Sinha is now ready with its much-awaited sequel. The original romantic drama has got a new packaging along with its beautiful ‘Koi Fariyaad’. The makers have, however, smartly left its core essence untouched, by retaining Jagjit Singh’s voice and mixing it with new lyrics and vocals of Rekha Bharadwaj. And trust us when we say it will surely pinch your souls just like the original song.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The new song titled ‘Teri Fariyaad’ has been penned down by Shakeel Azmi with references to the original ghazal by Faaiz Anwar. The song begins with the folk voice of Rekha Bharadwaj. She teleports the listeners to another world, without letting them know that a surprise awaits them in the next few seconds of the song. It comes exactly on 0:55 seconds, in the voice of Jagjit Singh. The producers have intelligently decided to retain some snippets from the original version making Jagjit Singh alive, not just in our minds but also in surreality. It is beyond words.
Tum Bin 2 stars Neha Sharma, Aditya Seal and Aashim Gulati, and will release on November 18. While its promo sometime back created enough buzz, we need to see whether the new cast will manage to create the same magic like actors Priyanshu Chatterjee, Sandali Sinha, Himanshu Malik, and Raqesh Vashisth did in its superhit original.