Shahana Goswami and Barun Sobti-starrer Tu Hai Mera Sunday (You Are My Sunday) will have a world premiere at the prestigious 60th BFI London Film Festival in the Love section on October 15. The Milind Dhaimade directorial will also be screened on October 16 at the fest.
Also featuring Rasika Dugal, Avinash Tiwari, Vishal Malhotra and Maanvi Gagroo, it is the story about five middle class amateur footballers and their everyday struggle in Mumbai.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Dhaimade said in a statement: “A film about five regular guys looking for space in Mumbai finds a spot at the prestigious BFI London Film Festival. This is how happy endings begin.”
His emotions were echoed by Barun, who said, “This film has been made with the love for the times we live in. It will tell you how to fight for them.” The movie also includes instances from the director’s personal experiences.
Shahana said: “It’s always wonderful to be able to show your films as a part of a larger international selection to an international audience. It will show a new world of Indian independent cinema, with a charm and honesty that is truly representative of the urban youth in India.”
Produced by Varun Shah, the film will have its India premiere at the upcoming Jio MAMI’s 18th Mumbai Film Festival in the competition category, India Gold.