Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui said he had to take various steps for one and a half months to detach from the character he plays in director Ketan Mehta’s “Manjhi – The Mountain Man”.
“I had to apply a lot of practices on myself for one and a half months in my quest of trying to come out of myself. I set off to Jaisalmer and would vanish for 8-10 days. I went to places where people didn’t know me, just to get a reality check, to feel like a normal person,” Nawazuddin told the media at the trailer launch in Mumbai on Monday.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui: Will play Thackeray with as much intensity as Manto
- Exclusive: I appreciate Shiv Sena that they approached me for Bal Thackeray’s biopic, says Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui wants ‘Manjhi – The Mountain Man’ to be known as symbol of love
- Cast Nawazuddin Siddiqui for his intense eyes: Ketan Mehta
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui: Youth should know Manjhi’s inspiring story
- I am controversy’s child: Ketan Mehta
The movie, based on the life of Dashrath Manjhi who worked tirelessly for 22 years to break open a mountain to build a road in Bihar, will release on August 21.
The film, which stars Radhika Apte opposite Nawazuddin, has music by Sandesh Shandilya.