Farhan Akhtar is currently one of the most creatively versatile celebrity in Hindi filmdom, but he says that when he set out to be a director with “Dil Chahta Hai” in 2001, he spent time to convince people of his vision and project.
Farhan, who has carved a name for himself as an actor, singer, director, television host and a producer, expressed his views on a TV show “Yaar mera Superstar” while talking about punctuality and how he likes to work.
Farhan brought in a fresh breeze of air into Indian cinema with his new way of storytelling through a heart-warming story of friends with “Dil Chahta Hai”. (Read: Amitabh Bachchan finds it ‘tough’ to work with Farhan Akhtar)
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
He says taking a dive into the showbiz with the film, which stars Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Akshaye Khanna and Preity Zinta among others, was not easy. (Also Read: Don’t have competitive streak in me, says Farhan Akhtar)
“I was very focused when I wanted to make ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ though it was difficult for me to convince people that I know how to make films and I will be able to direct and put a film together. Because I had no work at that point in time, it took me sometime to convince people about my vision and project,” Farhan said.
The actor-producer is all for optimum time management.
“There is framework within which everything operates of your sensibility, of your aesthetics. For instance, when I direct or act, I don’t want people wasting time actually. The more time you have, you should dedicate it to do creative work,” said Farhan, who is geared up to start 2016 on the silver screen in an action-packed way with “Wazir”.
The film, which also stars Amitabh Bachchan, will hit the screens on January 8.