She made a successful debut last year with Dum Laga Ke Haisha but Bhumi Pednekar has taken things slow and the actress says she does not mind the gap as she is “picky” about her films. Bhumi, 27, had to put on several kilos to look the part of an overweight girl, Sandhya, in her last film.
The actress says her career is going as per her plan because she needed the time off to get into shape. “Honestly, I needed time to get back into shape. I was expecting this gap and whatever would have been my second film, it was supposed to start now. My life is going as per plan. I am a little picky about scripts. I have taken my own time to select my films. But things are unfolding the way I had planned,” Bhumi said.
The actress is currently shooting her second film Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, which also stars Akshay Kumar, in Nandgaon, Mathura. The film is again set in a small town just like Dum Laga Ke Haisha, which was shot in Haridwar but Bhumi says there is no similarity between Sandhya and her character from the upcoming film. “I don’t really think about getting typecast. If I can’t give a different performance from ‘Dum Laga..’ then I am failing as an actor. This is more of a challenge to me. Small town set films tell stories about the real Indian families. But there is no similarity between Sandhya and the role I am playing in this film.”
Also read | Akshay Kumar, R Balki meet Madhya Pradesh CM
Bhumi says Toilet: Ek Prem Katha is a family entertainer with a strong social message, and she is very happy with the way the film is shaping up. “The film is full of romance, extremely funny but at the same time, it is very credible. It deals with real people. It is a family entertainer with a strong social message. I am very happy to be a part of it.” She may be working with Akshay in the film but Bhumi says working with A-list actors have never been criteria for her when she became an actress. However, she says, she respects and understands the huge contribution that a superstar has in a film.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“I have a wish list of directors I want to work with. At the end of it, every story demands a certain type of cast and as long as the cast is doing justice to the script it is ok. I believe that we do have certain actors who bring in a lot to a film and I can’t take that away from them. And working with one now I understand that. But as far as I am concerned, it not criteria for me.”
Calling working with Akshay a pleasant experience, Bhumi says she was inspired by a star, especially his focus and hard work. “He is amazing. Akshay sir is so pleasant. He is so humble and his energy is just great. He works hard. He has made the entire shooting experience so light and funny.”