Rape accused composer-singer Ankit Tiwari has found support from a prominent filmmaker. Tigmanshu Dhulia who had launched Ankit Tiwari as a composer in Sahib Bibi Aur Gangster has not only come forward in the beleaguered musician’s defense, he has also signed Ankit Tiwari to do the music of his new film Yaara.
Tigmanshu Dhulia said, “This is very strange. This isn’t the Ankit that I know. Ankit has been accused of violating a lady under the influence of alcohol. Ankit doesn’t drink. He doesn’t touch alcohol. He doesn’t smoke, and is a strict vegetarian. He is from a conservative cultured family, well-behaved and very talented. Everyone knows Ankit was in a relationship with the lady. Just how and when their relationship became susceptible to rape charges is something I can’t explain. I can only feel extreme regret to think that Ankit is locked away when he should be working and building his career after that big hit song in Aashiqui 2.”
This isn’t the first time that Tigmanshu has spoken up in defense of a personality from the entertainment business accused of sexual misconduct. He was earlier vocal about the sexual harassment charges against filmmaker Subhash Kapoor.
Tigmanshu said, “What happened to the charges the girl had made against Subhash Kapoor? It’s very frightening to know that any person can go to jail if accused of rape. The truth may be otherwise. But by the time the picture becomes clear the reputation of the accused is already damaged.”
Tigmanshu Dhulia has signed Ankit Tiwari to compose the music of Yaara, the film about friendship loyalty and betrayal featuring Irrfan Khan, Amit Sadh, Vidyut Jamwal, Shruti Haasan and Tigmanshu Dhulia.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Tigmanshu said, “Yes, Ankit will do the music of Yaara. I had introduced him as a composer and singer in Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster. He will do the songs. Hopefully he will be out soon. Even if he is not out, he will work on these songs for me.”