• Associate Sponsor

Tiger Shroff on backfoot over housewife comment

Tiger Shroff's remark that he likes girls who are "housewife-type" has been slammed for being sexist.

By: PTI | Mumbai | Published: April 27, 2016 6:22 pm
Tiger Shroff, Baaghi, Tiger Shroff Baaghi, Tiger Shroff news, Entertainment news Tiger Shroff’s remark that he likes girls who are “housewife-type” has been slammed for being sexist.

Tiger Shroff’s remark that he likes girls who are “housewife-type” has been slammed for being sexist and the actor in his defence today said he respects his mother and sister too much to say something like that.

In an interview to an online portal, Tiger discussed about the qualities he would want in his partner and revealed that he would prefer a stay-at-home girl from a village, who would “keep the house clean and give me home-cooked food.”

“I will get married to a girl from the village… When I reach home, I want a massage so that I can get relaxed (sic). I like girls who are the housewife-type,” he had said.

However, the “Heropanti” star’s comments did not go down well with many, who took to social media to mock the actor for his comments.

Post the backlash, Tiger, 26, was quick to respond to the criticisms and took to Twitter to clarify himself.

He, however neither denied the comments nor clearly admitted to have said it.

“I am totally for women empowerment and equality and always talk about how they are as strong or stronger than men,” Tiger wrote.

“I respect my mother and sister too much to say something like that.

“I know I’m barely a year old in the industry but for those who know me and who have accepted me you would know. Anyway love always,” the “Baaghi” star posted.

Entertainment Videos by Indian Express

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

1. Charu Uppal
    Apr 28, 2016 at 1:48 am
    His life.....his choice...............all can't think alike......whats the problem with his thinking?If he wants non-working girl, thats his wish......why people start sulking?Isn't this intolerance?
    (0)(0)
      Digvijay
      Apr 28, 2016 at 11:55 am
      I don't understand why does it become so feminine everytime. If there is nothing wrong with a girl looking for a well earning guy then why does everyone has to start commenting if someone wants a housewife. lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Being a housewife is an equally responsible job compared to a working women. lt;br/gt;I support Tiger Shroff on his personal thoughts.
      (0)(0)
      1. H
        h
        Apr 27, 2016 at 3:56 pm
        Jackie's cub ..point out my points boy.u have been a man.voiced out ur own choice.some women use this kind of thing as verbal weapon to attack honest statements to show their innocent.a lot village women r educated too.real men will always expect good wife.its not a sin.a typical indian gentleman.minus slavery or god like behavior..n m sure tiger treats women well.stop speculating think positive. He's a gentleman.he's attracted to sweet gals rather then #####gals even from this sort of industry.at d end individual choice
        (0)(0)
        1. H
          h
          Apr 27, 2016 at 3:39 pm
          Since baaghi is around the corner,haters will b happy to speculate negative things more.thinking bad for others gives 100 folds of success to d person who is hated.pls look at another angle,this boy probly meant good virtue gal not a slave or whatever said.oid to b honest.i wonder how many men out there sail d same boat but just don't have d guts to say.when women wants rich men,y not men expect for Cultural or homely girl.maybe the statement was wrongly understood.mage n cleaning HSE was an accidentally messed word.b positive n speculate thgs or judge so easily .
          (0)(0)
          1. H
            h
            Apr 27, 2016 at 3:27 pm
            What a big deal..what he meant was probly homely n cultural girl.its his choice.when women have rights to make choice then men too have d freedom.nothing negative to b concluded.if he is like what some ppl r speculating then he won't b respecting his mum n sis.he is not being hypocrite n condemning women.its about his choice of partner.
            (0)(0)