Model-turned-actor Dino Morea, who is always known for having a fit physique, considers Tiger Shroff and Akshay Kumar as the fittest actors in the industry.
“According to me, today I definitely would think among the younger lot, it’s Tiger because I have played a lot of sports with him. When he was in school we used to play a lot of basketball together and I know his level of fitness. And I think he is one of the fittest kids today,” Dino said at the launch of the new cover of Health magazine.
- Having a six-pack doesn’t mean you’re a good actor: Saiyami Kher
- Baaghi 2 director Ahmed Khan: Tiger Shroff is a complete hero
- Does Akki have a ‘Dharmendra problem’? The dazzling and unsurprising reinvention of Akshay Kumar
- Jackie Shroff is the ‘best dad’ to Tiger Shroff but for Jackie, he is a ‘reflection’ of his son
- Dino Morea wants to work with the ‘fantastic’ Deepika Padukone
- Exclusive: Celina Jaitley, Dino Morea on the current trend of fashion and fitness in Bollywood
He added, “In the older age bracket, Akshay Kumar is very fit. He takes his training very seriously.”
Dino was always known for his physique even before the six-pack and eight-pack culture dominated the industry. He had gone topless in numerous films in the early 2000s, which was not a frequent site in those days except for in case of superstar Salman Khan.
Another superstar Shah Rukh Khan, also got on the fitness bandwagon, sporting a six-pack in “Om Shanti Om”.
When asked about the two superstar’s fitness, he responded, “I am sure they work out, go to the gym and all. Salman right now is looking huge for his new film as a wrestler. They are fit but if you talk about extreme fitness, I’d put Tiger and Akshay first. The levels of fitness that I’m talking about, which Tiger and Akshay possess, if they (Khans) work really harder they could achieve that.”
He added, “There is a huge misconception in our industry that fitness is only a six-pack and fitness is being bulky. That’s not fitness, you need to be able to play a sport. Fitness is overall, your nutrition, your diet, your lifestyle, everything revolves around fitness.”
As part of his interest in fitness, Dino has also opened free-for-all fitness stations in 15 locations in Mumbai where the basic exercises can be done. Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray’s son Aditya has supported Dino in the endeavor.