- Amitabh Choudhary writes to BCCI CEO objecting to appointment of new Marketing GM who had ‘slut shamed Deepika Padukone’
- Priyanka Chopra’s Fendi bag is what you need for breezy summer vacay (don’t mind the price)
- Instagram India Awards: Virat Kohli, Deepika Padukone emerge as winners on the app for 2017
Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra, who will be seen doing a lavani number with Deepika Padukone in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s magnum opus ‘Bajirao Mastani’, says there shouldn’t be any comparisons with Aishwarya Rai and Madhuri Dixit‘s ‘Dola Re’ from ‘Devdas’ (2002).
The dance jugalbandi between Priyanka and Deepika has been the talk of the town ever since its inception.
However, Priyanka Chopra says her special dance number shouldn’t be co-related to ‘Dola Re’, as there is nothing similar between the two songs.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali loves challenges and his films before Padmaavat are proof
- Padmavati: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Deepika Padukone to have a dance-off in the movie?
- Avoid comparison between ‘Pinga’ and ‘Dola Re’: Madhuri Dixit
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone’s dance off in ‘Pinga’ song from ‘Bajirao Mastani’, watch
- Madhuri Dixit excited about Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra’s ‘lavani’ number
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone’s lavani dance off in ‘Bajirao Mastani’
“I know that comparisons with Devdas are inevitable and people will pit us like that, but honestly, there shouldn’t be any comparisons. There is absolutely nothing similar between the two. Don’t compare us to them. That is a classic. Ours is more about the first wife versus the second wife and has a lot of heart-wrenching moments,” Priyanka Chopra told DNA.
In “Bajirao Mastani”, Priyanka and Deepika will perform a ‘lavani’ dance together. It is touted to be a crucial part of the film’s climax.
The song, which was shot for over 12 days, is choreographed by Remo.