Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra, who will be seen doing a lavani number with Deepika Padukone in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s magnum opus ‘Bajirao Mastani’, says there shouldn’t be any comparisons with Aishwarya Rai and Madhuri Dixit‘s ‘Dola Re’ from ‘Devdas’ (2002).
The dance jugalbandi between Priyanka and Deepika has been the talk of the town ever since its inception.
However, Priyanka Chopra says her special dance number shouldn’t be co-related to ‘Dola Re’, as there is nothing similar between the two songs.
- Padmavati: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Deepika Padukone to have a dance-off in the movie?
- Avoid comparison between 'Pinga' and 'Dola Re': Madhuri Dixit
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone's dance off in 'Pinga' song from 'Bajirao Mastani', watch
- Madhuri Dixit excited about Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra's 'lavani' number
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone's lavani dance off in 'Bajirao Mastani'
- Pandit Birju Maharaj to choreograph Deepika Padukone in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Bajirao Mastani'
“I know that comparisons with Devdas are inevitable and people will pit us like that, but honestly, there shouldn’t be any comparisons. There is absolutely nothing similar between the two. Don’t compare us to them. That is a classic. Ours is more about the first wife versus the second wife and has a lot of heart-wrenching moments,” Priyanka Chopra told DNA.
In “Bajirao Mastani”, Priyanka and Deepika will perform a ‘lavani’ dance together. It is touted to be a crucial part of the film’s climax.
The song, which was shot for over 12 days, is choreographed by Remo.