Radhika Apte says there is no bigger star than Rajinikanth and he helped her tide over the problem of Tamil during the shooting of Kabali by conversing with her in English and Marathi. “There is no bigger star than him (Rajinikanth)…. It is because he is so humble, simple. He is so sincere and hard working. It is incredible to observe his hard work and I have had a great time working with Rajini sir,” she said at the launch of Amego, a health-related app here.
Asked if she spoke to Rajinikanth in Marathi as she did not know Tamil, Radhika said she introduced herself to the superstar in Marathi, but conversed in English during the shooting of the blockbuster, “We conversed in English, but the first question I asked him was if he knew Marathi or not, and he spoke to me in Marathi and I was very happy to converse in Marathi,” the 31-year-old actor said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Rajinikanth’s mother tongue is Marathi and he was born into a Marathi family. Asked what was the conversation in Marathi, Radhika said, “I just said that do you speak Marathi, and he said that yes, yes I do speak a bit of Marathi because I am from Belgaon (Belgavi in Karnataka). Radhika, however, said Rajnikanth conversed with her in English during the shooting of Kabali, and always translated the instructions given by Director Pa Ranjith during “stressed-out” situations.
Meanwhile, Radhika has a couple of more films in her bag this year. After fetching success with thriller film, Phobia and receiving critical reiviews for Parched, the actor is prepping up for another Tamil film, Ula and in Hindi film, starring Harshvardhan Kapoor, Bhavesh Joshi.