Filmmaker Karan Johar today said that actress Kareena Kapoor Khan has set the bar high in film industry by sheer magnitude of her work.
“I think there can be only one Kareena. I am extremely close to her. I love her for what she is on celluloid and as a person. She has that certain spunk, energy in her. Kareena has a tremendous body of work and has set the bar high and it is not fair to compare (her) with anyone,” Karan told reporters at a function here.
There have been comparisons between Kareena and newcomer Alia Bhatt for quite some time.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Alia is playing a Kareena Kapoor fan in Karan’s upcoming film ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’.
In the trailer of the movie launched here, Alia is seen saying to her relatives, “Main shaadi karoongi to Kareena wala designer lehenga pehen kar..’ (I will marry wearing the designer lehenga worn by Kareena).
“Alia is new and I am sure she will work hard and go her way up and be known as Alia Bhatt than anyone else,” the filmmaker said.
In tune with the title of the film, ‘Humpty Sharma..’, lead actors Varun and Alia unveiled the trailer with zest and funny act in which Varun came in a ‘doli’ (palanquin) looking for his bride and Alia coming dancing with revellers.
“It (‘Humpty Sharma…’) is a filmy love story. We all talk about how our love stories are different. This film is different from ‘2 States’,” Alia said.
Varun and Alia, who made their debut with ‘Student Of The Year’ are known to share a sizzling chemistry on and off screen. But Alia denied reports of the two of them dating each other.
She was also linked to Arjun Kapoor, her co-star from her latest release ‘2 States’ and now again reports of Varun and Alia are making news.
On her link-ups, Alia said, “What to do? May be in my next film, I will be linked to other actor. But there is no truth in it (link-ups)”.
The film also starring popular TV actor Siddarth Shukla is releasing on July 11.
Shukla, of ‘Balika Vadhu’-fame, thanked producer Karan Johar and director Shashank Khaitan for giving him the break.
“I had a wonderful experience working on the film and it is a big thing to come from TV to films,” Shukla said.
Varun revealed on the occasion that Siddharth has more fan following than anyone of them. “He has an incredible fan following among every age group including (among) auntys, kids etc. We are trying to use that for the film,” Varun said.