Actor Varun Dhawan, who has performed a ‘Tandav’ sequence in “ABCD 2”, says it was very emotional for him to shoot the song.
Varun told IANS: “There’s a very special song in ‘ABCD2’ where my character is dancing in pain for his mother… you could call it a modern-day Tandav. Remo sir (director Remo D’Souza) wanted me to be very lean for the song. It’s a very emotional song for me and I had even made my mother hear it before performing to it.”
- Actors like Deepika Padukone, Varun Dhawan not approached with character-oriented films: Shoojit Sircar
- Before Varun Dhawan-Katrina Kaif’s dance film, watch these Bollywood dance movies
- Varun Dhawan, Katrina Kaif and Prabhu Deva to have a dance battle in Remo D’Souza next, watch video
- October actor Varun Dhawan: I need this film in my career today more than anyone else
- ‘ABCD 2’ tired me out: Varun Dhawan
- Varun Dhawan: ‘Maa ki chunar’ made my mom cry
The actor has even performed aerial silk for the number.
“ABCD 2” is a sequel to Remo’s “ABCD – AnyBody Can Dance”, which is releasing on June 19.
The film follows the story of a Mumbai-based dance troupe, which travels to Los Angeles to participate in a dance competition.