Director Meghna Gulzar’s reality drama “Talvar”, starring Irrfan Khan and Konkana Sen Sharma, has made its presence felt at the box office, despite having released with Akshay Kumar’s much anticipated action comedy film “Singh is Bliing”. The film has collected Rs.9.25 crore in its opening weekend.
Made on a budget of Rs.16 crore, the film, based on the 2008 murder of 14-year-old Aarushi Talwar and her family’s domestic servant Hemraj, collected Rs.3 crore on its opening day on Friday. It witnessed a steady growth towards the weekend, and ended up collecting Rs.2.75 crore and Rs.3.5 crore on Saturday and Sunday, read a statement.
- Irrfan Khan starrer ‘Talvar’ registers steady business with Rs.17.05 crore
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Singh Is Bliing’ falls on day two, ‘Talvar’ escalates due to good word of mouth
- Irrfan Khan, Konkona Sen Sharma’s ‘Talvar’ mints Rs.3 crore on opening day
- ‘Singh Is Bliing’, ‘Talvar’, ‘The Martian’ – Three movies of three genres release today
- Meghna Gulzar’s ‘Talvar’ opens to packed houses at 40th Toronto International Film Festival
- Irrfan Khan, Tabu’s ‘Talvar’ to premiere at Toronto International Film Festival
Having been appreciated by critics for being close to reality, “Talvar” is said to have built a good connect with the audience and is expected to have a decent run at cinemas in the next few days.
“Singh Is Bliing”, meanwhile, managed to make Rs.54.44 crore in three days.