“When I was Denver, I used to take my kids to a Taekwondo class. I used to sit there and wait for an hour to bring them back. One day I thought that I was just sitting and wasting my time.
“So, we enrolled in a family programme. We were five steps away from getting the black belt. It has helped me a lot in doing action for ‘Gulaab Gang’,” Madhuri Dixit said in an interview.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Besides Taekwondo, Madhuri feels her dancing skills helped her choreograph her fight scenes in the movie but she did train with Shaolin Kung Fu expert Kanishka Sharma to polish her movements.
“To a certain extent dance and fight are similar. There is a rhythm to both fighting and dance scenes. The body has to move in a certain way. It was hand to hand combat so Kanishka helped me further polish my movements,” she added.
The film tells the story of a group of Indian women dressed in pink saris, fighting against social injustice, operating in Bundelkhand Uttar and Madhya Pradesh.
It features Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla together for the first time. Produced by Anubhav Sinha and directed by debutant Soumik Sen, ‘Gulaab Gang’ is slated for March 7 release.