“When I was Denver, I used to take my kids to a Taekwondo class. I used to sit there and wait for an hour to bring them back. One day I thought that I was just sitting and wasting my time.
“So, we enrolled in a family programme. We were five steps away from getting the black belt. It has helped me a lot in doing action for ‘Gulaab Gang’,” Madhuri Dixit said in an interview.
Besides Taekwondo, Madhuri feels her dancing skills helped her choreograph her fight scenes in the movie but she did train with Shaolin Kung Fu expert Kanishka Sharma to polish her movements.
“To a certain extent dance and fight are similar. There is a rhythm to both fighting and dance scenes. The body has to move in a certain way. It was hand to hand combat so Kanishka helped me further polish my movements,” she added.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The film tells the story of a group of Indian women dressed in pink saris, fighting against social injustice, operating in Bundelkhand Uttar and Madhya Pradesh.
It features Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla together for the first time. Produced by Anubhav Sinha and directed by debutant Soumik Sen, ‘Gulaab Gang’ is slated for March 7 release.