Bollywood actress Tabu, a very old favorite of Gulzar and his family, is back in the family’s fold. The actress who considers the poet-filmmaker her father-figure has starred in his last two directorial ventures Maachis and Hu Tu Tu.
Tabu also played the lead in Gulzar’s daughter’s directorial debut Filhaal. Now she’s back in Meghna’s new directorial project entitled Talwar.
Tabu steps into a role originally offered to Shefali Shah. Talwar also stars Irrfan Khan and Sohum Shah from Anand Gandhi’s Ship Of Theseus.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Gulzar Saab’s reticent daughter Meghna Gulzar began shooting for her third feature film on Tuesday morning with minimum fanfare. The project has been entitled Talwar and the film is said to be based on the Aarushi Talwar murder case.
Apparently, Meghna’s father has given the film its title; just as he has titled Megha’s two earlier feature films Filhaal and Just Married. Says a source close to the family, “It’s a family tradition. Meghna wants Gulzar Saab to select her films’ title. Gulzar’s Saab has zeroed in Talwar as at the title of his daughter’s third film.”
The reclusive daughter of the poetic genius wants to keep the project under wraps because of the sensitive nature of the subject. However, Irrfan Khan has confirmed his presence in Meghna’s film.
The very talented Shefali Shah who was supposed to play a major role in Talwar had to opt out because of another female director. Says a source close to the project, “Meghna was very keen to have Shefali Shah play an important role. But Shefali’s dates in June and July were taken up by Zoya Akhtar’s Dil Dhadakne Do. She had no choice but to opt out.”