Bollywood actress Tabu, a very old favorite of Gulzar and his family, is back in the family’s fold. The actress who considers the poet-filmmaker her father-figure has starred in his last two directorial ventures Maachis and Hu Tu Tu.
Tabu also played the lead in Gulzar’s daughter’s directorial debut Filhaal. Now she’s back in Meghna’s new directorial project entitled Talwar.
Tabu steps into a role originally offered to Shefali Shah. Talwar also stars Irrfan Khan and Sohum Shah from Anand Gandhi’s Ship Of Theseus.
Gulzar Saab’s reticent daughter Meghna Gulzar began shooting for her third feature film on Tuesday morning with minimum fanfare. The project has been entitled Talwar and the film is said to be based on the Aarushi Talwar murder case.
Apparently, Meghna’s father has given the film its title; just as he has titled Megha’s two earlier feature films Filhaal and Just Married. Says a source close to the family, “It’s a family tradition. Meghna wants Gulzar Saab to select her films’ title. Gulzar’s Saab has zeroed in Talwar as at the title of his daughter’s third film.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The reclusive daughter of the poetic genius wants to keep the project under wraps because of the sensitive nature of the subject. However, Irrfan Khan has confirmed his presence in Meghna’s film.
The very talented Shefali Shah who was supposed to play a major role in Talwar had to opt out because of another female director. Says a source close to the project, “Meghna was very keen to have Shefali Shah play an important role. But Shefali’s dates in June and July were taken up by Zoya Akhtar’s Dil Dhadakne Do. She had no choice but to opt out.”