Actor Swara Bhaskar, whose latest project is a six-episode web series “#ItsNotThatSimple”, says she has always loved her choice of films. Having starred in films like Raanjhanaa, Tanu Weds Manu and Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, and winning hearts with this year’s Nil Battey Sannata, Swara said, “I think there is a mix of everything in terms of scripts. You tend to get more bad scripts than good one. I am lucky that I am being offered so much work and I have always been good with choosing good scripts. I choose the best of what I have.”
With “#ItsNotThatSimple”, which will go live on Viacom18’s streaming service Voot, Swara is making her debut in the web series space. “I instantly said ‘yes’ to the web series because it’s a fresh, adult, rational and unapologetic take about looking at relationships and the complications that young urban people face in the world of marriage and relationships,” she said. The series, directed by Danish Aslam, narrates the story of four characters who were all surviving their existence till their lives intertwined and changed forever. It dwells on the idea of marriage, relationships, a woman’s stand in a marriage, love and more.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Other actors in it include Vivan Bhatena, Akshay Oberoi and Karanveer Mehra. Swara said while most films are from the male point of view, “#ItsNotThatSimple” is from the women’s viewpoint. “This is a story which has a woman as the protagonist. The story revolves around the women’s point of view,” she said, while pointing out films like “Silsila” and “Masoom” which touched upon extramarital affairs.
On the work front, Swara will be, for the first time in her career, portraying a glamorous role in Rhea Kapoor’s Veerey Di Wedding. If reports are to be believed, Swara will also sport a bikini in the film. The film also stars Sonam Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor Khan.