Stunning in a black gown with a transparent back, Sushmita Sen turned the show stopper for Amit Aggarwal as Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2014 rolled off Tuesday with a display of the latest collection of Aggarwal and Masaba Gupta.
“I feel sexy wearing this and that’s what Amit’s collection is all about. When I first saw his collections, I asked him which is the show stopper outfit as each and every outfit looks like a show stopper outfit. I am so proud that we have such designers,” said Sushmita.
The soul of Aggarwal’s collection lay in incorporating tribal influences like weaving techniques, stripped tattoos and structured jewelry, while a modern interpretation of these ideas was taken forward as menswear details found their way on to coture dresses in a beautiful synthesis of androgyny with feminity.
PHOTOS: Ramp Goddesses Shilpa Shetty, Sushmita Sen kickstart LFW 2014
“I think this idea started with the concept of women who lived their life on their own terms and that is when I thought about Sushmita Sen. The collections are contemporary traditional in a modern way,” said Aggarwal.
The Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2014 will continue till Aug 24.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More