Stunning in a black gown with a transparent back, Sushmita Sen turned the show stopper for Amit Aggarwal as Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2014 rolled off Tuesday with a display of the latest collection of Aggarwal and Masaba Gupta.
“I feel sexy wearing this and that’s what Amit’s collection is all about. When I first saw his collections, I asked him which is the show stopper outfit as each and every outfit looks like a show stopper outfit. I am so proud that we have such designers,” said Sushmita.
The soul of Aggarwal’s collection lay in incorporating tribal influences like weaving techniques, stripped tattoos and structured jewelry, while a modern interpretation of these ideas was taken forward as menswear details found their way on to coture dresses in a beautiful synthesis of androgyny with feminity.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
PHOTOS: Ramp Goddesses Shilpa Shetty, Sushmita Sen kickstart LFW 2014
“I think this idea started with the concept of women who lived their life on their own terms and that is when I thought about Sushmita Sen. The collections are contemporary traditional in a modern way,” said Aggarwal.
The Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2014 will continue till Aug 24.