Often we have heard about industry rivalries over dating exes or because somebody has snatched a project from another, even replaced them. And, though, most of these rumours tend to involve the women in Bollywood, if industry grapevine is to be believed, these days there’s quite a bit of tension brewing between Sushant Singh Rajput and Ranveer Singh.
Well, according to a leading daily, the rift between the two began when Ranveer was cast for Befikre. Apparently, Aditya Chopra ditched the MS Dhoni actor as lead for the film handing it to Singh, because of which the relationship between the two has gone sour. Sushant has reportedly taken being sidelined for this project to his heart, and since then there has been a cold war of sorts with Ranveer. Although we’re not sure what dictated Aditya Chopra’s final selection, but we understand Sushant being upset. After all, who doesn’t want to work with Yash Raj Productions!
Interestingly, this was apparently not the first time Ranveer bagged one of Sushant’s films. According to reports, the Shuddh Desi Romance actor was also offered Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Goliyon ki Raasleela Ram-Leela, but it eventually went to Ranveer because of some date problems with Sushant. The film went on to become a super hit and a worthy addition to Ranveer’s acting repertoire.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Now, the equation between the two actors is said to have gone so sour that Ranveer, who usually promotes the films of most of his fellow actors on social media, did not post a supportive message for Sushant when MS Dhoni: The Untold Story was about to release – making this a case of conspicuous in absentia!
Well, though both actors were unavailable to comment on the issue, but we wish the rumoured enmity ends soon.
On the work front, Ranveer is prepping for the release of Befikre, while Sushant is about to start the shooting of his next film, Takadum, which also stars Parineeti Chopra.