Filled with sexual innuendos, Mastizaade was supposed to be one of the most unabashed sex comedies of the year. Unfortunately, the Censor Board is not happy with the subject and the film which was slated for release in May has been facing censor’s wrath since then.
Earlier we had reported about the fact that Mastizaade is currently waiting for certification from the Censor Board which resulted in the delay of the release. And later, the board refused to certify the film because of too much sexual content. Further, the film was sent to the Revising Committee for a change in the decision but faced the same fate once again since the committee too found the content too bold for viewing. And hence, the makers of the film have now decided to approach the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal.
- Madhavan's Saala Khadoos vs Sunny Leone's Mastizaade at box office today
- Milap Zaveri on why Sunny Leone's Mastizaade is not vulgar
- Censors didn't cut a single scene in 'Mastizaade': Milap Zaveri
- Milap Zaveri's 'Mastizaade' featuring Sunny Leone cleared by CBFC
- 'Mastizaade' gets censor certificate, announces Riteish Deshmukh
- Sunny Leone's 'Mastizaade' may not see the light of the day
From what we hear, one of the female members of the board had decided to pass the film with an ‘A’ certificate along with a few cuts but her decision, it seems, was not taken into consideration. Moreover, it is being said that Pahlaj Nihalani had told I&B Ministry that the decision for the film was taken by Nandini Sardesai, a member of RC. However, Pritish Nandy is apparently not convinced with the same since according to him, Nandini Sardesai was not present during either of the screening.
As of now, the decision over Mastizaade, directed by Milap Zaveri, starring Sunny Leone, Tusshar Kapoor and Vir Das in the lead, is still pending, awaiting a reply from the Tribunal.