Within a week of its online launch, Sunny Leone’s ‘Baby Doll’ from Ragini MMS 2 has managed to create a huge stir. The song has not just crossed 2 million views at online channel but is also en route to becoming a chartbuster like Leone’s previous dance track ‘Laila Teri Le Legi’, which, incidentally, was also from another Balaji film – Shootout At Wadala.
“From jiving with John Abraham and Tusshar in ‘Laila’ to going solo for ‘Baby Doll’, Sunny has come a long way,” says an observer.
No wonder, this Kumaar-written song is turning out to be a huge high for Sunny since it is set to ignite further heat even though the film is still a month from release.
“It is been a perfect start,” says Tanuj Garg, CEO- Balaji Motion Pictures. He adds, “A chartbuster gives a huge much-needed push to a film. The coming together of horror, sex and hit music spells success. The response to the track has been overwhelming. Our audio label is also delighted.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
For composers Meet Bros Anjjan, this is a major turn in their career. Though over years they have been around delivering hit songs, an out-and-out ‘masala’ number like this, is going to further strengthen their toe-hold in Bollywood. Moreover, with the London-based singer Kanika Kapoor, who is an Indian Punjabi Sufi folk singer making her Bollywood debut with ‘Baby Doll’, there are ample firsts that the song is enjoying.
All eyes will now be on the Honey-Sunny track ‘Chaar Botal Vodka’, which releases next week.
Adds Garg, “If ‘Baby Doll’ is a positive start, ‘Chaar Botal Vodka’ is going to take you higher. Pun intended.”
Confirmed Bhushan Kumar of T-Series, “The moment I heard the song, I told Ekta (Kapoor) that it is a sure shot chartbuster. Nothing and nobody can stop it from going up the charts.”