Actress Sunny Leone’s message to youngsters who have not smoked till now and are thinking about it is to avoid picking up the cigarette.
“For the youngsters out there, if you haven’t started smoking yet or thinking about it, don’t pick up that first cigarette. It’s not worth it in the long run, and it’s not cool. If you want to try, just think twice before trying it,” said Sunny at the launch of a special anti-smoking advertisement featuring her and ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ actor Deepak Dobriyal.
“Smoking is bad for health. This is something very close to my heart, my father passed away from cancer, from smoking cigarettes,” she said. (Read: I love sports, says Sunny Leone)
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“I want people to stop smoking, and live a happier, healthier life. Unfortunately, you can’t force anybody but you can tell people not to smoke around them. Maybe if the government, restaurant owners say that they don’t want smoke inside their buildings, then that would be the first step,” she added.
The concept revolves around Deepak’s character who is on his deathbed and his near and dear ones trying to identify and fulfill his last wish – of meeting up with Sunny’s character, which creates a humorous climax.
About her own experiences of smoking, Sunny mentioned about her first time, “It was gross, disgusting. It never has been for me, and it’ll continue to be that way.”
She also said, “I’ve been lucky, my co-stars that smoke cigarettes always are very respectful and say, ‘Do you mind? if I smoke’, I tell them it’s fine if they go a bit far. I personally don’t like second-hand smoke, it is as deadly as smoking a cigarette.”
The ’11 Minutes’ refers to the amount of life which apparently gets cut down with each cigarette.