Filmmaker Milap Zaveri, who has teamed up with Sunny Leone for “Mastizaade”, says in real life the actress is very different from her on-screen image. “She (Sunny) is simple, beautiful, Indian, sweet, fun, relaxed in real life. She is geeky, she is a nerd, she is clumsy,” Milap told PTI.
Sunny Leone plays a dual role in “Mastizaade”, an adult comedy and essays the roles of ‘Lily’ and ‘Laila’. Milap said he first met Sunny’s husband Daniel Webber to narrate the story idea.
“I met her husband (Daniel) and he burst out laughing. He told Sunny (Leone) that the film is hilarious. When she (Sunny) read the story, she loved it and came on board immediately,” Milap said.
“I went back and worked on it. I told her why to do double role. ‘Laila’ is sexy Sunny as people know her and
‘Lily’ is funny. Sunny is like ‘Lily’ in real life,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Adult comedies are often criticised, but for Milap the reaction of the audience matters the most.
“I make films for the audience and their reaction matters. I think ‘Grand Masti’ is the only film that has done Rs 100 crore business with A certificate. No film has done so much business with an A certificate…the genre and the humour worked,” he said.
“We make these films for adults. It is a film made by adults, for adults and should be watched by adults. Whenever the genre is made in India it has been blockbuster. The critics are few while those who like it are many,” he added.
Milap has been associated as a writer for all kind of films – from comedies, adult comedies, thrillers to dramas. But he said it’s comedy that he does best.
“I wrote ‘Masti’, ‘Grand Masti’, ‘Kya Kool Hai Hum 3’ and ‘Mastizaade’. I have done family comedy films like ‘Housefull’, ‘Heyy Baby’, ‘Main Tera Hero’, thriller films like ‘Ek Villian’, ‘Shootout at Wadala’, ‘Kaante’, ‘Musafir’, ‘Jhankar Beats,” he added.
“I have tried to do everything, somehow comedy has become my forte as people have loved my comedy films be adult or family comedy films. I think comedy comes to me naturally,” Milap said.
Also starring Tusshar Kapoor, Vir Das and Sunny Leone in the lead “Mastizaade” releases tomorrow.