Filmmaker Milap Zaveri, who has teamed up with Sunny Leone for “Mastizaade”, says in real life the actress is very different from her on-screen image. “She (Sunny) is simple, beautiful, Indian, sweet, fun, relaxed in real life. She is geeky, she is a nerd, she is clumsy,” Milap told PTI.
Sunny Leone plays a dual role in “Mastizaade”, an adult comedy and essays the roles of ‘Lily’ and ‘Laila’. Milap said he first met Sunny’s husband Daniel Webber to narrate the story idea.
“I met her husband (Daniel) and he burst out laughing. He told Sunny (Leone) that the film is hilarious. When she (Sunny) read the story, she loved it and came on board immediately,” Milap said.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
“I went back and worked on it. I told her why to do double role. ‘Laila’ is sexy Sunny as people know her and
‘Lily’ is funny. Sunny is like ‘Lily’ in real life,” he added.
Adult comedies are often criticised, but for Milap the reaction of the audience matters the most.
“I make films for the audience and their reaction matters. I think ‘Grand Masti’ is the only film that has done Rs 100 crore business with A certificate. No film has done so much business with an A certificate…the genre and the humour worked,” he said.
“We make these films for adults. It is a film made by adults, for adults and should be watched by adults. Whenever the genre is made in India it has been blockbuster. The critics are few while those who like it are many,” he added.
Milap has been associated as a writer for all kind of films – from comedies, adult comedies, thrillers to dramas. But he said it’s comedy that he does best.
“I wrote ‘Masti’, ‘Grand Masti’, ‘Kya Kool Hai Hum 3’ and ‘Mastizaade’. I have done family comedy films like ‘Housefull’, ‘Heyy Baby’, ‘Main Tera Hero’, thriller films like ‘Ek Villian’, ‘Shootout at Wadala’, ‘Kaante’, ‘Musafir’, ‘Jhankar Beats,” he added.
“I have tried to do everything, somehow comedy has become my forte as people have loved my comedy films be adult or family comedy films. I think comedy comes to me naturally,” Milap said.
Also starring Tusshar Kapoor, Vir Das and Sunny Leone in the lead “Mastizaade” releases tomorrow.