The Thane district police on Thursday night registered an FIR against former adult-film-actor-turned-Bollywood-star Sunny Leone, after a local social activist approached them and complained against indecent pictures and videos on her website.
According to police sources, the complainant Anjali Palan, is a Dombivli resident and is associated with Sanatan Sanstha, a social activist organisation. Police officials said that Palan approached them on Thursday and complained against Leone, as well as those responsible for uploading pornographic photographs and videos on her website.
- Police complaint filed against Sunny Leone in Chennai for ‘promoting pornography’
- Shah Rukh Khan, Ranveer Singh and Akshay Kumar rehearse for Filmfare Awards 2018
- Sunny Leone draws inspiration from 70s beauties Sharmila Tagore, Zeenat Aman, Rekha and others
- Pro-Kannada groups protest against Sunny Leone’s New Year party in Bengaluru
- Sunny Leone records statement in connection with obscenity case
- FIR registered against Sunny Leone, Google CEO for allegedly spreading obscenity
“Leone has indulged in sexual and abnormal acts, has recorded these acts and put them up on the website for viewing as well as for sale. Such content gives rise to obscenity in the society and creates sexual desire in the mind of the viewer,” Palan has said in her complaint to the police.
After examining Palan’s complaint, the police registered an FIR late on Thursday night, naming Leone, as well as those who took the pictures, recorded the videos and uploaded the content on the website as the accused.