Bollywood’s Dabangg actor Salman Khan, who has given back-to-back hits including Sultan, Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, has reportedly signed a deal amounting to Rs 1000 crores with a leading channel for the satellite rights of his films.
A report quoted a source as saying, “Today, stars are raking in the moolah by signing multi-crore deals with channels willing to pay the price. While Ajay Devgn had signed a deal of Rs 400 crore for 10 films with the same channel, at the time, Salman had signed the same for Rs 500 crore starting with Bodyguard-so he was getting paid Rs 50 crore per film then.”
“Varun Dhawan recently inked a deal with a channel where he gets paid Rs 300 crore for 10 films of his. But with Salman’s past few releases all being blockbusters, Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, for example – channels are willing to pay him to triple the amount to air his films and have his presence grace their shows, be it reality shows or sports-based programmes. He recently re-negotiated his earlier contract with the same channel,” the insider added.
- Salman Khan’s Sultan sweeps Tehran International Sports Film Festival
- After Aamir Khan, Salman Khan set to debut in China with Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Tiger Zinda Hai trumps Bajrangi Bhaijaan, becomes Salman Khan’s highest grosser
- Happy birthday Salman Khan: A non-Bhai fan lists five of his better performances
- Tiger Zinda Hai box office collection day 3: Salman Khan film overthrows Sultan, collects Rs 114.93 cr in first weekend
- Before Tiger Zinda Hai, here’s how Salman Khan’s last five films have performed at the box office
Also, actor Hrithik Roshan has reportedly signed a deal worth approximately Rs 550 crores for his next six films. Varun Dhawan also signed Rs 300 crore deal with a leading channel for his movies except for ‘Judwaa 2’.