Bollywood’s Dabangg actor Salman Khan, who has given back-to-back hits including Sultan, Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, has reportedly signed a deal amounting to Rs 1000 crores with a leading channel for the satellite rights of his films.
A report quoted a source as saying, “Today, stars are raking in the moolah by signing multi-crore deals with channels willing to pay the price. While Ajay Devgn had signed a deal of Rs 400 crore for 10 films with the same channel, at the time, Salman had signed the same for Rs 500 crore starting with Bodyguard-so he was getting paid Rs 50 crore per film then.”
“Varun Dhawan recently inked a deal with a channel where he gets paid Rs 300 crore for 10 films of his. But with Salman’s past few releases all being blockbusters, Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, for example – channels are willing to pay him to triple the amount to air his films and have his presence grace their shows, be it reality shows or sports-based programmes. He recently re-negotiated his earlier contract with the same channel,” the insider added.
- Salman Khan to launch brother-in-law Aayush Sharma with a love story, gives him some advice
- 5 films that made Salman Khan Bollywood’s biggest star
- Salman Khan's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' jointly earn more than Rs. 500 cr
- Salman Khan's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' grosses Rs. 40.35 cr on opening day
- I like to get bigger, better with each film: Salman Khan
- Salman Khan has Rs 200 crores riding on him
Also, actor Hrithik Roshan has reportedly signed a deal worth approximately Rs 550 crores for his next six films. Varun Dhawan also signed Rs 300 crore deal with a leading channel for his movies except for ‘Judwaa 2’.