Salman Khan has been a celebrity who is liked for his tongue in cheek humour and the fun elements that he adds in his conversations. During a recent interview with a radio station, the Bhai of Bollywood proved his humour at its best.
When the 50-year-old actor was quizzed, what sets Sultan apart from other movies based on sports such as Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, Mary Kom,’ he said, “Because one movie was based on Running, another movie was based on Boxing and this movie is based on Pehelwani (Wrestling). Hence, it is any which ways different.”
Taking further his laughter streak, the Dabangg actor paused again before continuing with his thoughts on the differences between the movies and said “In one there was a track to run, in the another movie there was a ring and here we have fought in an akhara. That movie had a girl who was fighting, here there’s a guy who is fighting. This way Sultan is different.”
He concluded by saying, “and Paji was running at full speed in another movie.”
- Ali Abbas Zafar on Salman Khan: Presenting him differently every time is a challenge
- Here’s a look at the box office performance of Sonakshi Sinha’s last five films
- Ram Kapoor: I am the joker in my family
- Silver Linings Playbook to The Shape of Water: 10 atypical romantic dramas to reinforce your faith in the genre
- Shah Rukh Khan to Padmaavat star Ranveer Singh: You’re now Khilji for me
- Happy birthday Salman Khan: A non-Bhai fan lists five of his better performances
Meanwhile, if initial reports are to be believed, ‘Sultan,’ released yesterday, has stormed the box office and raked in more than Rs 40 crore on its opening day at the box office.
#Sultan [Wed biz / pre-Eid]: ₹ 40 cr+ definitely… 41… 42… 43… It can touch these figures… Final numbers coming up… FANTABULOUS!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) July 7, 2016
“The Eid festivities commence from today in India… A HISTORIC 5-day opening weekend is on the cards… #Sultan = HURRICANE at the BO,” he added.