Hours before its official release today, Salman Khan starrer “Sultan” was leaked online, cyber crime experts said.
One of year’s most awaited films, “Sultan” was apparently leaked online yesterday. However, so far no police complaint has been lodged in connection.
“If one tries proxy server of other countries ‘Sultan’ is out online. But if you try it here (in India), it is blocked. If one goes to watch it online, a message flashes on websites that the content is removed as per Copyright Act,” cyber crime expert Ritesh Bhatia, told PTI.
- Ali Abbas Zafar: Bharat features Salman Khan’s journey from the age of 8 to 65
- Tiger Zinda Hai box office collection day 14: Salman Khan starrer earns Rs 291.55 crore
- Before Tiger Zinda Hai, here’s how Salman Khan’s last five films have performed at the box office
- Tiger Zinda Hai director Ali Abbas Zafar: Commercial cinema is the most difficult of all genres
- Salman Khan starrer Sultan gets a gigantic start
- Sultan leaks online, will this Salman Khan movie take a hit?
“It is unfortunate that films are getting leaked online before its official release. Proper action and investigation needs to be done. It’s the need of the hour,” he added.
Producers of “Sultan”, Yash Raj Films, however, denied that the film has been leaked online.
Directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, Salman’s annual Eid release saw a bumper opening today with trade analysts predicting a Rs 150 crore opening weekend business.
Salman is playing the titular role of a wrestler from Haryana while Anushka Sharma is playing the female lead in the
Ali Abbas Zafar-directed film.