Hours before its official release today, Salman Khan starrer “Sultan” was leaked online, cyber crime experts said.
One of year’s most awaited films, “Sultan” was apparently leaked online yesterday. However, so far no police complaint has been lodged in connection.
“If one tries proxy server of other countries ‘Sultan’ is out online. But if you try it here (in India), it is blocked. If one goes to watch it online, a message flashes on websites that the content is removed as per Copyright Act,” cyber crime expert Ritesh Bhatia, told PTI.
- Team Europe jumps ahead in inaugural Laver Cup
- ODI at Eden Gardens was the hottest one-day game anyone said they've played, says Pat Cummins
- Iran defies US, unveils latest missile during parade
- VideoTap, the Noida startup that wants to change the way video is delivered, consumed and sold
- 'Country more important for us than party': Top quotes from PM Modi's address in Varanasi
- Google Doodle celebrates 100th birthday of noted Indian chemist Asima Chatterjee
“It is unfortunate that films are getting leaked online before its official release. Proper action and investigation needs to be done. It’s the need of the hour,” he added.
Producers of “Sultan”, Yash Raj Films, however, denied that the film has been leaked online.
Directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, Salman’s annual Eid release saw a bumper opening today with trade analysts predicting a Rs 150 crore opening weekend business.
Salman is playing the titular role of a wrestler from Haryana while Anushka Sharma is playing the female lead in the
Ali Abbas Zafar-directed film.