Indian artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has created sand sculptures of legendary movie director Satyajit Ray and a 6-foot-high Taj Mahal on the Cannes beach during the ongoing International Film Festival in France.
Patnaik created the sand sculpture to pay tribute to Ray at Beach Zamenhof in Cannes yesterday during the 67th Cannes Film festival.
The artist from Odisha was invited by the Indian Embassy of France for creating sand art during the festival. The event during which Patnaik created sand art was inaugurated by the Indian Ambassador in France.
Many eminent personalities including movie maker Ramesh Sippy and actor Kamal Hasan were present.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Patnaik with the help of his student Bulu Mohanti created a long movie reel on the face of Satyajit Rai for which he used five tonnes of sand.
The Padmashri awardee also created a 6-foot-high Taj Mahal displaying the message of incredible India.
“I am very happy to come to Cannes for this festival. I have decided to give my tribute to legendary director Satyajit Ray,” Patnaik said.