Still in a critical condition due to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), the health of actress Suchitra Sen remains unchanged, doctors attending on her said today.
“Although, still critically ill, her condition has not deteriorated over the last 24 hours,” said a medical bulletin issued by Belle Vue Clinic where the 82-year-old is admitted.
Critical care specialist Dr Subarata Maitra told reporters that she has grown very weak and is being fed through a tube at a private cabin of the ITU (Intensive Treatment Unit).
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The actress was admitted there on December 23 following a respiratory tract infection which later on culminated into COPD giving her breathing difficulties.
Doctors were trying to remove the excess fluid accumulation in her lungs through nebulisation and antibiotics besides she is also being given intermittent non-invasive ventilation for oxygen support.
The bulletin said Suchitra Sen needs continuous oxygen therapy and her cardiac status remains stable. She is conscious and slowly communicating.
The actress was put on BIPAP therapy through an endotracheal tube to control her oxygen saturation level in blood but it was withdrawn yesterday after which her reports remained satisfactory.
Dr Maitra is leading a medical board which is monitoring the health of its star patient round-the-clock at the super-speciality hospital.
Suchitra Sen has starred in memorable Hindi films like ‘Devdas’, ‘Aandhi’ and ‘Saat Paake Bandha’, ‘Agnipariksha’, ‘Saptapadi’ and ‘Deep Jwele Jai’ in Bengali.