Still in a critical condition due to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), the health of actress Suchitra Sen remains unchanged, doctors attending on her said today.
“Although, still critically ill, her condition has not deteriorated over the last 24 hours,” said a medical bulletin issued by Belle Vue Clinic where the 82-year-old is admitted.
Critical care specialist Dr Subarata Maitra told reporters that she has grown very weak and is being fed through a tube at a private cabin of the ITU (Intensive Treatment Unit).
The actress was admitted there on December 23 following a respiratory tract infection which later on culminated into COPD giving her breathing difficulties.
Doctors were trying to remove the excess fluid accumulation in her lungs through nebulisation and antibiotics besides she is also being given intermittent non-invasive ventilation for oxygen support.
The bulletin said Suchitra Sen needs continuous oxygen therapy and her cardiac status remains stable. She is conscious and slowly communicating.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The actress was put on BIPAP therapy through an endotracheal tube to control her oxygen saturation level in blood but it was withdrawn yesterday after which her reports remained satisfactory.
Dr Maitra is leading a medical board which is monitoring the health of its star patient round-the-clock at the super-speciality hospital.
Suchitra Sen has starred in memorable Hindi films like ‘Devdas’, ‘Aandhi’ and ‘Saat Paake Bandha’, ‘Agnipariksha’, ‘Saptapadi’ and ‘Deep Jwele Jai’ in Bengali.